A hardware update that is not associated with Citizen is being offered to owners and operators of the popular Citizen CY-02 photo printer.
Citizen advises all Citizen Printer users that any updates not communicated through official Citizen channels are not authentic and are not authorised by Citizen Systems Europe GmbH. If accepted, users risk affecting their official
manufacturer warranty conditions and a potential loss of overall performance.
Citizen CY-02 photo printer owners have been promised to ‘upgrade’ machines, utilising a new ‘high-speed’ media.
Citizen would like users to be aware of the following key points:
- Any unofficial update will invalidate user’s official Citizen warranty conditions
- Printers with unauthorised updates will no longer accept genuine Citizen media
- Altered Printers will not be capable of running the popular and free Print Manager software
- Citizen cannot be responsible for any fluctuations in print performance users may experience from utilising third-party media
- Citizen Printers are tuned to run at optimal performance with genuine Citizen media
Official Citizen Systems’ hardware and software will give the best results for the global community of loyal owners and operators. Any modification will invalidate your official Citizen warranty and may cause technical issues.
Citizen Systems is a global corporation and photo printers are one of the brand’s key strategic product ranges. Genuine Citizen CY media is not being upgraded or discontinued.
Citizen Photo printer owners and operators are advised to contact Citizen Systems Europe GmbH’s Official Photo Reseller Partners for any further information.