Field Service engineer – Birstall, Leicester
A chance to develop with a fast growing company that has excellent links with a Japanese multinational company.
The role will involve follow-up on remote diagnosis, resolving the problem as quickly as possible in order to enable the customer to remain operational at all times.
You will be expected to install, configure, maintain and repair systems
This opportunity will be working with a major print equipment manufacturer as the focal point to their customers in need of immediate on-site technical assistance. The role will involve follow-up on remote diagnosis, resolving the problem as quickly as possible in order to enable the customer to remain operational at all times. You will be expected to install, configure, maintain and repair systems as well as demonstrate a proactive approach and contribute to maintenance related activities.
The systems you will work on are highly complex and require quick learning and understanding; they will require the ability to rapidly identify the nature of complex issues and to provide optimal solutions.
These roles will involve an element of out of hours work and you will be required to complete a 6 month “immersion” period with the manufacturer which will include intensive training.
Requirements for the successful candidates are:
- A professional with an intermediate or higher vocational technical background covering both mechanics and electronics.
- Experience of working on photographic print machinery (production) desirable or equipment of a similar complex type (at an installation/breakdown level).
- Electrical/electronic engineering/practical experience, including the ability to read circuit diagrams and an understanding of 3-phase electrics.
- Mechanical engineering/practical experience, including working with printing or reprographic systems.
- An understanding of colour theory and printing process.
- An understanding of computing and networking would be desirable.
- Knowledge of network fault-finding and operating system re-installation.
- Experience in a high pressured, complex, physical, not a clean/clinical engineering environment.
- Willingness to travel if required.
- Valid, full, clean driving licence
- Passionate about engineering and with strong customer focus.
- Dedication, teamwork and a proactive attitude.
- The ability to interact at all levels of the organisation whether internally or externally.
- A problem solver who appreciates quick action and measurable results.
Salary competitive in the industry.
A company vehicle may be provided and/or mileage when going to site.
In depth Training will be available for any equipment supported
Please note that the location of the business is in Birstall, Leicestershire.
Contact in writing to the Managing Director to discuss further